The news site of Del Mar High School

The Perspective

Ghost In The Shell

James Alan McGettigan, Staff Writer/Film Editor

I have never seen anything quite like this film before, and it was amazingly, quite better than I thought it was going to be. The story takes place in the near future in Japan. At this point in time humanity has basically become totally reliant on technology, as a matter of fact most of everyone is more machine than flesh and bone. But in the story it’s not so much that we have to be “enhanced,” as they say in the film, there are still humans who choose not to be “enhanced.” In the perspective of the main character who’s name is Major played by Scarlet Johansson, she seems to feel, out of place in the world. And that’s about the only thing she can feel, after being supposedly saved from a cruise ship accident that caught on fire by a company run by what appeared to be the military. After a year of working for this company, Major slowly learns of a shocking truth and realizes that out of all this time, she may have been playing for the wrong team. One thing, I thought the film didn’t focus enough on, was Major’s feelings and thoughts about her life. I mean it’s shown throughout the film, but I don’t feel like it was pursued by the screenwriters all that much. However, in terms of the visual effects and story development, I thought that it was great, and as I watched this film, it really pulled me into the reality or the essence, you could say, of the story. Which I don’t get that often with films, and when I do, I consider the film to be something special, and something that is definitely award worthy. Now I also know that there was an earlier, anime/manga version of this story as well as a television series that was developed in 2002, which I don’t know too much about. And I can’t really compare the three amongst each other, at this point. All in all I give this film a four and a half out of five, because again there was something about the character development in Major’s character, that seemed a little underdeveloped. Now for those of you who read my stuff, you may be wondering why I haven’t been all that constant in coming out with new articles especially in my government and secrets section. And that’s just simply because I’ve been really busy recently with school, as I’m sure some if not most of you have been as well. But now that spring break is here, I’ll start working a little more on government secrets articles. We have some more info on Roswell coming up, as well as some Area 51 info and a topic that we have yet to discuss, Solar Warden. And maybe, just maybe, if I get really board over the break, you might be seeing a few extra articles over the break that I plan to publish. So over the next few days I’ll be working on that for you guys. Other than that, that’s pretty much all I have for you today and I will talk to you more later.

• Ghost In The Shell

Features

King Arthur

• Features

Dodge ball Status

• Ghost In The Shell

Features

AP tests are over… Where’s graduation?

• Features

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Zombies Chronicles

• Ghost In The Shell

Features

Sneaker Con Bay Area 2017

• Ghost In The Shell

Features

Bay area homeowners/homeseekers leaving…

• Ghost In The Shell

Features

Steve brightens our night sky

• Features

North Korea has ambitious military plans

• Ghost In The Shell

Features

Facebook murder video…

• Ghost In The Shell

Features

LIFE

The news site of Del Mar High School
Ghost In The Shell