The news site of Del Mar High School

The Perspective

Best Rappers In the Game Today.

Bryon Kim, Staff Writer

Toronto native superstar Drake has been very well known for his style of rap, creating a new sound and now has a major label company October’s Very Own. He has repetitively been extremely successful with the music he puts out being that his net worth is $101 million. I personally am a fan of his music because he puts out music that you can relate to, and has a wide variety of moods and tones throughout his music.. Although Drake has been criticized as a “soft” rapper, there is no doubt that he is one of the most influential rappers of today.

Jermaine Lamarr Cole aka J.Cole is to be known as one of the greatest lyricist and storyteller of todays hip hop generation. Recently dropping his 8th official studio album 4 Your Eyez Only, he instantly made the top 10. In 2014 he dropped is most successful album 2014 Forest Hills Drive which was the address of his first house in North Carolina, where he grew up. This album reached double platinum and J.Cole is the first artist in 25 years to achieve that with no features. He is one of my favorite artist because he talks about what is happening today, his views on the world, life, fatherhood, black lives, crooked cops, and today’s rap. J.Cole has no doubt earned to be king of hip hop.

Kevin Gates is another rapper who is a great lyricist but talks about the gangster life and the struggles of the streets. His voice is the voice of the streets back where he came from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Now being 30 years old and a father, he is considered on of the top rappers in the game because of his experience and knowledge. Kevin Gates is very wise and his views on life can open the eyes of others to see what they couldn’t before. He is also very influential to the younger generation, through his personality and his music.

Good Kid from the Mad City of Los Angeles growing up in Compton, Kendrick Lamar was to be known as the savior of hip hop when he first debut his Platinum album Good Kid, M.A.A.D City back in 2012. Besides being a lyrical genius, Kendrick became known for bringing a different unique style of rapping and his flow impressed millions. Today he is considered to be the greatest rapper lyrically. If you asks today’s generation on who their top rappers are, most likely Kendrick will be on the list.

• Opinions

My opinion on the age restriction for games

• Best Rappers In the Game Today.

Opinions

I.B, A.P Stats and more, Collin Blair Interview

• News

Double Standards for Men and Women!

• Best Rappers In the Game Today.

Opinions

Inked

• Opinions

Adviser’s Reflection

• Opinions

Thigh Gaps!? More like Wage Gaps.

• Best Rappers In the Game Today.

Opinions

Beyonce Gets Political at the Superbowl

• Best Rappers In the Game Today.

Opinions

Twinning! Not as Fun as You Think.

• Best Rappers In the Game Today.

Opinions

HELP WANTED! Help get me a job!

• Best Rappers In the Game Today.

Opinions

Boys in the Girl’s Room

The news site of Del Mar High School
Best Rappers In the Game Today.