Homecoming dresses: Do’s and Don’ts
Chela Regua, Staff Writer
October 16, 2012
Filed under 2012-2013 Archive
It’s that time of year again! The insane month of October is in full swing, and our hard working Del Mar Dons will finally get to take a load off and have some fun at this weekend’s Homecoming Dance. Homecoming is a traditional part of the high school experience, and is arguably one of the most exciting nights of the year for Dons. And of course, being a semiformal event, one of the biggest “excitements” of the night for female student body is the opportunity to find the perfect “semiformal” dress to impress their friends, family, and especially their dates.
So, what are the most important things to remember in order to find the perfect homecoming dress? Here are some Do’s and Don’ts that may help you out!
1) Do follow the school dress code rules, if you have to question if it’s too short or too revealing, don’t wear it.
2) Don’t pick a dress if it’s not your favorite, it’s your night and no one else’s!
3) If you want to avoid getting the same color as someone else, do try on some colors other than the typical red’s, white’s and black’s. Blue, green and yellow are less common and are sure to make a statement.
4) Do remember you’re picking an outfit for one night! Don’t break your budget trying to find the perfect dress. Do look online and at a few different stores to make a good call on what store’s has the most affordable prices.
5) Do find something that fits you well, and don’t pay attention to sizes.
6) Don’t buy the first dress you see unless you are absolutely in love with it. Look around and make your desicion then.
7) And finally, do remember to have fun! A cute dress won’t mean anything if you’re not having a good time.